Joshua L. Plager
Joshua L. Plager graduated from the University of Florida with honors in 2006, earning a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the Warrington College of Business, where he majored in Economics. Naturally, he remains an avid Gator fan. Following undergrad and before law school, Josh was a Series 7 and Series 66 registered financial advisor at AIG, assisting clients with financial planning and investing, including 401(k) plans, 403(b) plans, and IRA's. Josh attended the University of Miami School of Law, where he served as Senior Notes and Comments Editor of the University of Miami Law Review. He was honored to be selected as Judge Marcia G. Cooke's judicial extern at the Southern District of Florida in Miami. Josh's Law Review article, "All Things Equal: Unintended Consequences & Allegedly Misrepresented Statistics," concerning law schools' alleged dissemination to potential students of misleading and inaccurate employment and salary data, was published at 67 U. Miami L. Rev. 681 (2013).
As a third year law student, Josh was named the Zarco, Einhorn, Salkowski & Brito Scholar, and was honored by his peers at the Law Review when he was selected to receive the Daniel B. Gaubatz Memorial Award (awarded to one person annually for humor and dedication to the Law Review). During his 3L year, Josh also served as a PREP Fellow in the School's Professional Responsibility and Ethics Program and worked as a Dean's Fellow for Professor Stephen J. Schnably. Josh was President of JLSA, the Jewish Law Student Association, and was Research Assistant to Professor Ricardo J. Bascuas. He earned several book awards and graduated magna cum laude.
" Plager has been named as "Ones to Watch" by Best Lawyers for 2022 and has been selected for the Florida Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers for 2021. Moreover, Gladstone & Weissman has been named to the 2022 list of 'Best Law Firms' by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® as a ‘Tier-1' Marital and Family Law firm in the United States.
Prior to joining Gladstone & Weissman, P.A., Josh practiced for several years in Trust and Estate litigation, fiduciary litigation and guardianships. His past experience as a financial advisor, in estate planning, and as a Trust and Estate litigator make him well suited to guide clients through complicated Family Law issues.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Matrimonial Law
- University of Miami School Law, Miami, Florida
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean's Fellow
- Honors: President of JLSA
- Honors: Research Assistant, Professor Ricardo J. Bascuas
- University of Florida, Warrington College of Business
- B.S. Business Administration - 2006
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Economics
Honors and Awards
- Named Zarco, Einhorn, Salkowski & Brito Scholar
- Daniel B. Gaubatz Memorial Award
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- All Things Equal: Unintended Consequences & Allegedly Misrepresented Statistics, 67 U. Miami L. Rev 681 (2013)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Family Law Section, Equitable Distribution Committee, 2018 to 2019
- Family Law Section, Ad Hoc Probate Jurisdiction Committee, 2019 to Present
- Family Law Section, Equitable Distribution Committee, 2019 to Present
- Family Law Section, Rules & Forms Committee, 2019 to Present
- The Florida Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- South County Bar Association
- Susan B. Greenberg Family Law American Inn of Court