Abigail M. Cohen
- Senior Associate
Abigail M. Cohen is a Senior Associate at Gladstone & Weissman, P.A.. Ms Cohen earned her J.D. (magna cum laude) from Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where she was ranked 7 out of 238 in her graduating class. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Florida.
Since her admission to the Florida Bar in 1993, Ms. Cohen has represented clients in litigation matters and in trial in both state and federal court. Since 2012, Ms. Cohen's practice is exclusive to marital and family law, including prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, dissolution of marriage, paternity, modification and contempt matters.
While in law school, Ms. Cohen served as an Articles Editor on Nova Law Review and was a Florida Bar Trial Lawyer's Award and Scholarship Recipient.
Ms. Cohen is a member of the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar. She is trained in Collaborative Law and is a member of Choose Collaborative, a South Palm Beach County Collaborative Law Group. Ms. Cohen has been rated AV Preeminent in Martindale Hubbell by her peers.
Ms. Cohen advocates strongly for the rights of her clients with integrity and professionalism.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Florida, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1995
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1995
- Nova Southeastern Law University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. - 1993
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Ranked 7th in her class
- Honors: Florida Bar Trial Lawyers Award
- University of Florida
- B.A. - 1986
- Major: Criminal Justice
Honors and Awards
- AV Peer Review Rating by Lexis Nexis Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Family Section, Florida Bar Association
- Choose Collaborative - A South Palm Beach County Collaborative Group, Member
Classes and Seminars
- Multi-claimant Litigation
- Bad Faith Litigation
- Silica Litigation
- Asbestos Litigation
- Marley v. Elliot Turbomachinery Co., 545 F. Supp. 1266 (U.S.D.C, So. Dist. FL 2008 2008)