Skilled Help With Post-Judgment Modifications

People's situations change over time, and divorced individuals are no exception. Therefore, settlement agreements and court decrees about alimony, child support and other certain divorce-related issues are often left open to modification in the future, in the event of a substantial change of circumstances.

At Gladstone & Weissman, P.A., we assist our clients in assessing the potential for success, the benefits and detriments, and the costs associated with such modifications. Our highly experienced attorneys have helped countless clients to review, negotiate and litigate post-judgment issues and modify divorce decrees.

Our lawyers can help with a broad spectrum of post-judgment modifications, including those that involve:

  • Spousal support/alimony: We handle requests for spousal support modifications (including requests for increases, decreases and termination) due to loss of income, job loss, new jobs, retirement, lost investments or other significant financial changes.
  • Child custody: We aid clients in requesting child custody modifications, including modifications based on charges of abuse or neglect, because of parental relocation issues or because of other changes in circumstances that impact the welfare of the child or children involved.
  • Timesharing: We handle cases involving requests to modify child timesharing schedules because of changes in work schedules, due to a need for supervised visitation or because of relocation.
  • Child support: We help pursue child support modifications due to a significant change in circumstances, such as losing or changing jobs, a parent's remarriage or children leaving the home. We also can assist with child support enforcement and contempt actions.

Generally speaking, there must be a substantial, unforeseeable and permanent change in circumstance before a judge will make a modification. However, support may sometimes be reduced for a limited time due to temporary job loss.

Learn More About Our High-End Services

Schedule a consultation with Gladstone & Weissman, P.A., to learn how we can help request modifications in a wide range of post-judgment issues. We regularly serve high-profile clients throughout South Florida. Call our offices in Boca Raton or Fort Lauderdale at 561-447-2274 or contact our firm online.